Sunday, March 9, 2014

FIT Vs SKINNY


Hello everyone and welcome to my NEW blog where I will be talking about exercise, eating, keeping fit, and lifestyle.
Today I just wanted to talk a little about the differences of being fit and healthy vs being skinny.

I hear all the time "I wish I was skinny" NO, NO YOU DON'T” I feel like shouting, "You want to be strong, fit and healthy".

What message are we sending to children at the moment? That being skinny is all that matters?


I think too many people are more concerned on looking like a supermodel than worrying about being healthy and fit. I watch what I eat, I always have. Just ask my mother, I was really a little over the top as a kid.

We need to focus on eating what our bodies need and what is good for them, and exercising enough. Building strong fit healthy people is the aim I think, NOT these fly by diets to make you amazingly skinny in 12 weeks with no chance of sustaining it.
If you are given tools that include, a very intense  diet (cutting out foods with nutrients that you need) and an exercise plan, and you lose a bunch of weight that's great, isn't it? Well no, it’s not great because for one in a normal world where you have to be a real person it’s really hard to maintain that kind of eating and exercising.  Secondly it’s really bad to cut out fruit and dairy (unless you have an allergy).   The rate of osteoporosis is on the increase  and it has a lot to do with lifestyle-but we will cover that in a different blog!

What we need to be doing is giving realistic eating and exercise plans that are sustainable and can be a LONG term lifestyle CHANGE.
Let’s try and change our mindset to "Healthy, Strong and Fit" Rather than "I want to be skinny".







Aussie model Robyn Lawley

  The lady in the two pictures to the left is classed a PLUS SIZE model? OMG, OMG, OMG.



I think she is beautiful, gorgeous and very attractive. 
















BUT on the right is the woman we put on the catwalk, FAR TOO SKINNY AND UNHEALTHY in my opinion.
This is what we are telling children is healthy, and is attractive? This is what we are telling the little girls out in the world that they need to look like.....


Don't get me wrong some woman just can't put on weight no matter what they eat, and that's just as frustrating as trying to lose weight.

But when you class Robyn as a plus size model and put a -minus size on the catwalk and say this is what everyone should look like I think it is wrong.

Below are some articles I thought some of you might like to read on this topic.



http://au.lifestyle.yahoo.com/health/diet-nutrition/article/-/21863333/whats-your-excuse-hot-mum-launches-no-excuses-program/


http://fox8.com/2014/03/01/real-life-barbie-says-her-new-diet-is-air-and-light/



No comments:

Post a Comment